The Monte-Carlo Ballet Company, led by the artistic director and choreographer Jean-Christophe Maillot, is set to present “Romeo and Juliet” at the Seoul Arts Center in Seocho-gu from Friday to Sunday.
This is the Monaco-based ballet company’s first performance in Korea since their 2019 rendition of “Cinderella.”
Maillot reimagines Shakespeare’s literary masterpiece through the flashbacks experienced by the distraught Friar Laurence as he reflects on how the tragic end of two young lovers came to be.
- Trilateral cooperation unaffected by US election outcomes: Goldberg
- BNK Busan Bank to pilot English
- Bill pushed to let South Korea list Hamas as foreign terrorist before UN
- Congressional panel official stresses space
- [Today’s K
- Top diplomats of S. Korea, US, Japan hold talks on margins of APEC summit
- Seoul shares open higher on Wall Street gains
- National Changgeuk Company's endeavor to foster pansori composers continues